Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mr. Average snippet



Mr. Average
by
Parker Williams

There’s just something about hot men. The way they look, the way they smell, the way they fill out those tight jeans, pulled snugly across a fine bubble butt. The thought alone gets me all worked up. I’ve put time in to get the body I have. My suits are tailored to accentuate the muscles that come from spending a lot of time at the gym. I visit my stylist twice a month to keep my dark red hair neatly trimmed. I wear contacts so glasses don’t hide my blue-green eyes. I look good and I love the men who appreciate it and look as good as I do. I’ve worked hard to cultivate my image. As a senior partner for Tennyson, Daniels and Manetti I’ve learned image is everything.
This is why I don’t understand the fact that Kyle Backes, my mechanic, turns me on in ways no other man ever has. He’s nothing to write home about. He’s always in dirty grease-stained coveralls, his brown hair is mussed and usually slicked back with sweat, and his eyes are brown, nothing special about them at all. He’s not bad looking. He’s just…average. When I see him, though, it’s like fire and ice in my veins. I’ve tried to figure out why, but I keep coming back to the same thing: Kyle is just an average guy, like a thousand other guys. If I were to see him on the street I wouldn’t even notice him. Maybe.

---
Lucas Manetti is a man who thinks the world should be molded to what he wants. The people in it should be grateful to take what he has to offer. What Mr. Manetti doesn't realize, though, is that the world doesn't play by his rules and he's about to learn he can't always get what he desires.

Mr. Average was a story done for an MLR Press call for stories of average men. While Lucas is not average, he's going to encounter someone who is and that person won't ever let him forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment